South Carolina Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety publishes an annual “fact book” containing statistics pertaining to South Carolina motor vehicle accidents. For 2009 (the most recent year for which statistics are available), in South Carolina:
- There was a traffic collision every 4.9 minutes
- A teen driver was involved in a collision every 1.3 hours
- A person was injured every 10.9 minutes in a motor vehicle injury accident and a person was killed in a fatal accident every 9.8 hours
Whether you drive a car, a commercial truck, a motorcycle, or other type of vehicle, if you use a South Carolina highway or roadway, you are at risk of being involved in a motor vehicle accident. A motor vehicle accident can leave you or your loved one with serious or even fatal injuries, as well as facing steep medical bills, expensive therapy costs or costly funeral and burial expenses.
If you have been injured in a South Carolina motor vehicle accident, the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at The Solomon Law Group may be able to help you recover financial compensation for your injuries and losses.
Types of South Carolina Motor Vehicle Accidents
When most people picture a “motor vehicle accident,” their minds naturally envision two or more cars involved in a fender-bender. While cars are certainly one type of motor vehicle, there are other types of motor vehicles that can be involved in traffic accidents. Other types of common South Carolina traffic accidents include:
- Car or passenger vehicle accidents
- Tractor-trailer or commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Train accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Other types of motor vehicle accidents
Regardless of the motor vehicle you were driving, if you are involved in a South Carolina motor vehicle accident that was caused by the carelessness of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation. An attorney from The Solomon Law Group can advise you of your legal rights and help you pursue the compensation you need through a motor vehicle accident lawsuit.
Compensation Available Through a Motor Vehicle Accident Lawsuit
After being injured by the careless or negligent actions of another in a motor vehicle crash in South Carolina, you can file a motor vehicle accident lawsuit and you may be entitled to compensation. This monetary award is meant to compensate you for the expenses and the financial losses that were caused by the careless acts of the other person and can include compensation for:
- Medical bills and hospital stays
- Ongoing therapy or rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages due to time missed from work
- Lost future wages if you are unable to return to your former job
- Pain, physical and mental suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life
- Other damages and losses attributable to the crash
Seek Help from a Knowledgeable Columbia Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
The legal team at The Solomon Law Group is dedicated to helping you and your family receive monetary compensation for your injuries and losses following a motor vehicle crash so that you are able to focus on your health and recovery. Contact our team today at (877) 323-3120 and learn how we can help you secure compensation.