With summer upon us, there will be more motorcycles on the road. The Solomon Law Group offers these safety tips in an effort to make motorcycle riders safer and decrease motorcycle accidents.
Statistics show that motorcycle riders are at higher risk of injury or death in a motorcycle accident than in other types of vehicle accidents. Unfortunately, many motorcycle accidents occur when the driver of a car or truck does not see the motorcycle. Motorcycle drivers must take steps to ensure other drivers know they are there.
The Solomon Law Group supports the government’s “Share the Road” campaign. Here are some safety tips to help you prevent an accident:
- Wear an approved helmet! Even if the law in your state doesn’t require it, helmets do save lives. Click here to watch a video on how to choose the right motorcycle helmet.
- Wear protective eye gear and clothing and that is highly visible or reflective.
- Take a safe-driver class specifically for motorcyclists.
- Follow the rules of the road.
- Do not take passengers on your bike until you are experienced.
- Drive defensively – do not assume other drivers see you.
- Stay focused on driving—not on the cell phone, radio, etc.
- Watch the road for potholes or debris that might cause you to lose control.
- Never drive while drunk or otherwise impaired.
Motorcycle Safety Foundation: http://www.msf-usa.org/
National Highway Transportation Safety Administration: http://www.nhtsa.gov/Safety/Motorcycles
Traffic Safety Facts for Motorcycles: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811159.PDF
Free Case Review
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident or a loved one has been killed in a fatal motorcycle accident caused by another person’s negligence, the attorneys at the Solomon Law Group offer a free case review. Contact us today at (877) 323-3120 to learn more.