When you’re injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, worrying about insurance and paying for your injuries becomes a constant thought. Juggling your life with the aftermath of a car wreck is emotionally taxing and difficult. Whether you have a stack of medical bills piling up, feel like you’re missing too much work, or are dealing with chronic pain, you don’t deserve to have to handle this all on your own. Luckily, you have legal options to alleviate some of this stress.
A Columbia car accident lawyer from the Solomon Law Group can help you recover from this accident. We bring our expertise and tenacity to each case and fight on your behalf. We’ll do all we can to get you a favorable settlement that covers your damages, injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
When Should I Contact a Columbia Car Accident Lawyer?
Sometimes, you may wonder if you need a lawyer. What’s are the parameters of car accident injuries that means you should contact a lawyer? There a quite a few situations that indicate you need to contact an attorney. Here are just a few:
- Case Denial. If the insurance company denies your claim, this doesn’t mean that you’re done and can’t take any more steps. A lawyer can help you contest this denial and will help you show how your injuries and pain were caused by someone else’s negligence.
- Medical Care. You feel that you need better medical care so you can recover from your injuries. Your doctor might order tests that insurance denies because of the cost. You can contest these denials and should so you get the care you need.
- Inability to Work. Your doctor’s orders may say that you are unable to work. In most cases, you should still receive benefit checks to help cover the cost of living while you recover. But sometimes, these checks aren’t coming in. A lawyer can help you get the benefits you need so you can afford things like rent, bills, and groceries.
- Insurance Company. You could try to contact the insurance company and communicate what happened and how to proceed, but that doesn’t mean they’ll be respectful and cooperative with you. Lawyers can help open up the lines for communication so you can move forward with your claim.
- Your Approach. You may want to hire a lawyer simply because this whole situation is confusing, and you don’t know what you’re doing. This is a perfectly normal and acceptable reason to contact a lawyer. Going at it alone without understanding what you’re doing might leave you with an unfavorable settlement that doesn’t help you at all.
There are a few circumstances where you should hire a lawyer immediately. If your case goes beyond a settlement deal and requires a trial, you want a lawyer at your side. You may even experience circumstances where someone advises you to get a lawyer.
Having legal representation means you’ll have someone who can explain the process to you and help you deal with other parties like insurance companies. Ultimately, hiring a lawyer will put someone by your side who understands legal processes and wants to get you the best outcome.