You have been involved in a car wreck. Now what? If you are reading this blog, you are probably interested in figuring out which personal injury lawyer you should hire to represent you. To assist you in deciding which lawyer you should hire, we are providing you with three tips to help you narrow your options.
- You should hire a lawyer that has extensive experience handling car wrecks.
- As lawyers, we are constantly reminded that we should not dabble in a practice area. Hiring a lawyer that specializes in immigration law to assist you with a car wreck claim may not be a good idea. The lawyer that you hire to handle your car wreck should have substantial experience representing car wreck victims. A lawyer that only dabbles in personal injury law could potentially “leave money on the table” when handling your case. Since you are a potential client and you are paying for legal services, you should not feel bad about interviewing the lawyer you plan to hire.
- You should hire a lawyer that you trust.
- According to Forbes, you should begin your search (and likely end it) by consulting with your inner circle: family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues. Someone in your inner circle knows a lawyer and trusts that lawyer enough to refer you to him/her. If the lawyer whom you are referred to does not handle personal injury cases, he/she will be able to refer you to an experienced and trustworthy personal injury lawyer. Word of mouth still works!
- You should hire a lawyer that will make time for you and your case.
- Most personal injury lawyers are busy people. However, there are some personal injury lawyers that are busier than others and may not have the time to sit down and have a face-to-face meeting with you about your case. It is important for you to be satisfied with the lawyer that you hire. Please feel free to ask questions about your prospective lawyer’s caseload, availability, and support staff.
Do you need a car wreck lawyer?
You should not have to deal with the insurance companies alone. Our attorneys handle car wreck claims every day, and we file lawsuits when warranted. At the Solomon Law Group, we will represent you and fight for you. We want you to be able to focus all of your attention on your recovery and well-being.
Reginald Hair is an associate attorney at the Solomon Law Group and has worked for one of the largest personal injury law firms in South Carolina. He has solely practiced personal injury law since 2016.
Carl Solomon is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and has received the coveted AV Peer Review Rating™ from Martindale-Hubble®. He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers® and Best Lawyers in America®. He is the founder of the Solomon Law Group, LLC, which represents clients throughout South Carolina.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car collision, call or contact the Solomon Law Group today at (803) 391-3120. You can speak with us about your legal options for free.