College students today face many obstacles. One of those obstacles in paying for school. Paying for tuition, books, and food can get costly for students. At the Solomon Law Group in Columbia, SC, we value higher education and want to support those who pursue it.
That’s why we’re offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently in or plan to start their first year of college or graduate school. Our lawyers are committed to helping students with their academics and investing in a better future.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2020.
Applications are due by Friday, July 17th, 2020. The cutoff time is 11:59 PM EST.
What Are the Scholarship Rules?
- Students can be attending or planning to attend their first year of college or graduate school.
- The school must be in the United States.
- To receive scholarship funds, you must be living in the United States (with a U.S. mailing address) at the time of the scholarship’s due date.
- You must submit proof of your first-year standing. Submit a digital copy (PDF, JPG, or PNG) of your college acceptance letter, including the college letterhead. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college stating you’ve been accepted for your first year, digital transcripts, or a screencap of your first course load.
To be eligible, you’ll need to submit a 500+ word essay on this topic:
If you could design and develop a completely new college curriculum, what would it look like and why?
The Solomon Law Group will determine a winner after the application closes. If you submit your essay to us, you’re giving us the right to feature your essay on our blog. We will publish the winning essay.
The Application Process
When you submit your application and essay to us, you should send in the following:
- Your completed essay
- Proof that you’re a first-year student (see above)
- A short bio
Send this information to email@example.com.
In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school.
The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF. Please adhere to MLA formatting guidelines (12 pt. font, Times New Roman or another easily-legible font, double-spacing, etc.) when submitting your essay to us. Please cite any sources used.
Your subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2020 Scholarship” (Example: “Clark Kent Fall 2020 Scholarship”)
Other rules to note:
- Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
- Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
- Proofread everything before sending!
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember, the due date is Friday, July 17th, 2020. We’re looking forward to reading your applications!
List of Past Winners: